Backstory and Context
The first construction of a home at the site began in 1799, by Mr. and Mrs. Francis Giddens. The manor was completed in 1819 and features 4,000 square feet within its three stories and nine rooms. On March 5, 1863, the property was home to 6,000 Civil War soldiers. It would later serve as a hiding place when the Confederates led their cavalry across the Manor.