Columbia County Courthouse
This is a photo of the 2nd courthouse.
Backstory and Context
The Courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
The current courthouse was not the 1st one built. In 1852, almost immediately after Columbia County was organized, a temporary log courthouse was built on the south side of the square. Then, in 1856, a second courthouse was built on the same site which the current courthouse sits. The 3rd , and present, courthouse was built in 1905, at a cost of under $60,000, which was funded by a 2-mill tax levy that was passed in 1903.