William Clark Market House Museum
The Market House Museum offers over 4,000 square feet of exhibits related to the history of Paducah within the historic Market House. The structure served as the city's third market between its construction in 1905 and its closure around 1960. The structure holds two cultural entities, the Market House Theater and the Yeiser Art Center. The history museum is located in the center of the building and includes artifacts dating back tot he founding of the city. And of course, the museum includes artifacts that were owned by William Clark, as well as documents that bear the famous explorer's signature. The museum also includes exhibits related to Native Americans, early settlers, business and industry, and social history. Visitors should be sure to see the museum's wooden statue of Henry Clay and Paducah's first motorized fire truck
Backstory and Context
The museum includes a well-preserved drug store-complete with artifacts from the era.