Kaminski House Museum
The Kaminski House Museum is an excellent example of 18th century antebellum homes representing the Lowcountry "single style" architecture. One of 60 such homes in the Georgetown, it was built in 1770 by wealthy French merchant Paul Trapier. The well-maintained house features period furnishing and allows visitors an to see what life was like for wealthy South Carolinians from the 18th century through WWII. The home is one of the structures that comprise the Georgetown Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The museum also maintains the adjacent Parker House, which was built around 1740 and is used for offices and is available to rent for wedding, meetings, etc.
The Kaminski House Museum
View of the Drawing Room
Backstory and Context
Several owners lived in the house over the years. The last owners were Harold and Julia Kaminski. Harold served in the Navy during WWI and WWII; he was stationed at Pearl Harbor when the Japanese attacked on December 7, 1941.