Bentonville Station is a historic train depot built in 1925 to serve a short line that ran to the nearby town of Rogers where it connected to the St. Louis and San Francisco Railway, which was called the Frisco Line. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. Next to the building is a Frisco Line caboose on display.
Bentonville Station was built in 1925 and operated until after World War II. A Frisco Line caboose is on display next to the station.
Backstory and Context
Bentonville Station, which replaced the the previous one (a wood-frame building), is rectangle in shape and features thick walls, a drive-under canopy, and a stucco exterior. The line to Rogers was seven miles long. After World War II, use of the station declined and it was abandoned. It gradually fell into disrepair. A local group called Train Station, Inc. bought and renovated the building in the early 1980s and then leased it to the Bentonville City of Commerce. It appears the Chamber of Commerce remained in the old station for a number of years. The building is now home to the offices of Celebrate Arkansas Magazine
"Bentonville Station." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. January 28, 1988. https://catalog.archives.gov/OpaAPI/media/26139167/content/electronic-records/rg-079/NPS_AR/87002337.pdf.
Brandon Rush, via Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bentonville_Train_Station.jpg