Poplar Bluff Station
This historic train station was built in 1910 by the St. Louis, Iron Mountain, and Southern Railroad. This railroad became the first to reach Poplar Bluff in 1872 and connected the city to Little Rock and Cairo, Illinois. Today, the station continues to operate as an Amtrak stop with two trains arriving at the station daily.
Backstory and Context
The station has been owned by the Missouri Pacific Railroad and the Union Pacific Railroad, which in 2003 donated it to a non-profit group committed to saving the building. This local organization continues to maintain the building.
Thomason, Philip. "St. Louis, Iron Mountain, and Southern Railroad Depot." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. December 1, 1994. https://dnr.mo.gov/shpo/nps-nr/94001397.pdf.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons