The Beasley Building, in the heart of Athens's commercial center, is an excellent example of a late 19th and early 20th-century multi-story warehouse. It has horizontal coursing and vertical window compositions, which give the building a balanced look. Construction on the Beasley Building began when The Eldridge & Higgins Company attained the property in 1904. The building was later purchased by Frank Beasley who owned a large gristmill in Amesville. It became home to perhaps the largest, electrically-powered milling operation in the area. The milling of grain was one of the first activities to take place in southeastern Ohio. After its time as a mill, the Beasley Building was used for grocery distribution.
The Beasley Building, located on W. Union St. in Athens, Ohio is an excellent example of a late 19th and early 20th century multi-story warehouse.
Owen, Lorrie K. Dictionary of Ohio Historic Places. Vol. 2. St. Clair Shores, MI: Somerset, 1999. 41. Print.