Chadds Ford Historical Society
The Chadds Ford Historical Society is a non-profit 501c3 community-based organization. We own and preserve three pre-Revolutionary buildings which are open to the public as house museums. The Society was founded in 1968 as part of an effort to save the dilapidated John Chads House (c.1725) which had come up for sale and was rumored to be destroyed. For $25,000, the Society purchased the house and four acres of land. As the Chads House was being restored, the abandoned Barns-Brinton House (1714) came available and the Society purchased this property too. Money was raised for renovations. As the mission and staff of the Society grew, a new Visitors Center was built in 1992 on part of the Chads House four acre property. In addition to maintaining all historic structures, the Society hosts several community events annually along with providing Living History education programs for youth and adults. Our Visitors Center hosts a Spring Lecture Series, Exhibits and provides a research library for the public.