The Royal Canadian Regiment Museum
Ontario's Royal Canadian Regiment Museum preserves and shares the history of the first infantry regiment established in Canada within the permanent force. The regimental history can be traced back to the War of 1812 and it overlaps with some of the most significant episodes of post-confederation Canadian history. The museum is housed in Wolseley Barracks, which was originally called the Infantry School Building when it opened in 1888. The first unit to occupy the building was ‘D’ Company of the Infantry School Corps. They were the fourth company established after the creation of the Infantry School Corps in 1883. The Infantry School Corps would later become The Royal Canadian Regiment (RCR) after several name changes.