Clio Logo
This is a contributing entry for Carbondale Architecture Tour and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.

First appearing on record in 1905 was 104 Garfield Avenue - also sold to Hamlin Edgerton in 1920 by Alice and Timothy Hayes. Evidently, the Hayeses had a substantial source of income, as they built and sold at least these two homes (in the 1910 census he was listed as a farmer, a laborer, and a funeral worker). Mary and Hamlin Edgerton had seven children and owned additional property in town, including farm land in the Weaver Addition to the north. Subsequent homeowners would include Caroline Vagneur of the extended early ranching family in the valley. Late Victorian architecture is evident here in the steep front gable roof, the decorative details visible on the side porch, and the fish scale shingles..

Building, Cloud, Plant, Sky

Town of Carbondale 2010 Architectural Survey (Reid Architects, Inc.)

Carbondale Historical Society