Clio Logo

Built in 1910 at 1017 A Street, the Tacoma Building was the longtime headquarters of the Weyerhaeuser Timber Company as well as the Tacoma Commercial Club. The Weyerhaeuser Timber Company purchased 900,000 acres of northwest lumber from the Northern Pacific Railroad in 1900. Thousands of union workers would make the Northwest lumber industry a world supplier—once they got organized in the mid-1930s.