Clio Logo
This is a contributing entry for Greene County Historical Society and Museum and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.

This room represents the second kitchen in the original Rinehart house. During the Rinehart’s occupation of the house, the kitchen was in the basement with a large cooking fireplace and food storage. When the house was converted to the Poor Farm in 1861 this space stretched across the entire width of the building and served as the inmate dining hall. In 1886 this room was converted to the Steward’s kitchen.

To continue the tour, take the door that leads back into the Foyer, turn left, and take the main staircase up to the second floor. At the top of the staircase take the first door to the right to enter the Master Bedroom.

Building, Picture frame, Furniture, Table

Furniture, Building, Picture frame, Table