Clio Logo
During the early 18th century, many of the leading residents of Nantucket were members of the Quaker faith. This historic meeting house was constructed in 1838 and operated as a school and meeting place for Nantucket Quakers until its purchase by the Nantucket Historical Association in 1894. The association used the building to hold its first museum and continues to operate the facility for tours and special events.

  • Quaker missionaries converted many of the early residents of Nantucket during the early 19th century. This historic meeting house was built in 1838.
  • Learn more about the history of the Quakers-click the link for more information about this book.