Backstory and Context
Located just east of Lancaster, Mudhouse Mansion is an abandoned house. The house is built into a hill. There are a number of outbuildings surrounding the house. Mudhouse Road was named after the home which was ther first brick-and-mortar building in the area.
The property where Mudhouse Mansion sits was purchased in two parts. In 1839 the property was purchased by Abraham Kagy and Henry Byler. The second purchase to place in 1852 by Christain and Eleanor Rugh.
It is unclear when the house was actually constructed. However, in 1919 it was sold to Henry and Martha Hartman. When Henry Hartman died in 193 the property was transferred to his daughter Lulu Hartman Mast. The Mast family still owns the land today.
There are rumors that the Mudhouse Mansion is haunted and many stories have been told about ghost haunting the property.