This historic home was built in 1754 by John Dickinson and its south facade features one of the finest examples of blue glazed brick patterns in the state. John and his wife's initials—and the date 1754—are also on this side. Legend has it that he and Mary, and, presumably, other early owners of the house, pierced holes in the front door in order to protect themselves from Indian attacks. The house has been owned by several people over the years and remains so today. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. It is also a New Jersey historic landmark. A historical marker is situated next to the road in front of the house.
The Dickinson House
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickinson_House_(Alloway,_New_Jersey) Kathleen J. Diller. "Dickinson House," National Register of Historic Places. 2-20-75.