Carnegie Museum of the Keweenaw
With the help of a $15,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie, this two-story building was constructed in 1910 as the Houghton Public Library. It operated as such until 2006 when a new library was built. Thanks to the efforts of citizens who wanted to preserve the building, it soon became the Carnegie Museum of the Keweenaw. It offers changing exhibits about the cultural and natural history. It also serves as the local repository for genealogical records. Lectures and other events are also held at the museum.
The Carnegie Museum of the Keweenaw