Clio Logo
Built in 1888, the Wheeler–Stallard House is one of three remaining Victorian-era houses left in Aspen. It has been the home of the Aspen Historical Society since 1968. It was built by silver mine investor Jerome Wheeler and designed in the Queen Anne style. The first floor features a recreated 1800s parlor and rotating exhibits are shown on the second floor. There is also a carriage house which is where the society's archives is located; visitors are welcome by appointment.

The Wheeler-Stallard House

The Wheeler-Stallard House
Interestingly, Jerome's wife refused to move to Aspen and as a result they never lived there. After a period of vacancy, in 1905 the Stallard family moved in and lived there for several decades. Other private owners lived here until the Society officially acquired it in 1969. 
Markaluna, Ramona." Aspen Historical Society Museum. Accessed November 25, 2016.

"Wheeler / Stallard Museum." Aspen Historical Society. Accessed November 25, 2016.