End of Line Trolley Stop
Backstory and Context
This line was originally constructed in 1901 to connect Branford center and Short Beach with the East Haven Green, the eastern-most point of the New Haven streetcar system. Initially a two-rail line of track, the line has been continuously running for over 100 years with its original intention staying largely the same. The parcels of woods and saltmarsh provide a true representation of the view riders would be greeted with during the active period of this railway, largely unchanged by man they provide the museum patron with a historically accurate picture of what they would expect riding this railway in the early 1900s.