Clio Logo
Built in 1820 and used as boarding for Franciscan monks in the 1830’s. A previous resident was the City’s Treasurer Frederick Sauer. "Monterey style adobe, distinguished by its two-foot thick adobe walls sided with redwood, by its large wooden balcony, and - hidden from public view - by its courtyard. It is the larger of the two adobes known together as the "Sauer Adobes." Together they are the oldest commercial buildings in San Luis Obispo. The Sauer-Adams Adobe is 964 Chorro while its single-story sister next door is 970 Chorro ... Believed to date from the mission era, circa 1800, and in its present two-story form, from the 1860s." Source: Alex Gough, (June 2016)