Clio Logo

Here Peter Goodhue operated an emigrant trail stopping place on the bank of the Tule River from 1854 until the river changed its course in 1862. This became a Butterfield Overland Mail Stage Station, 1858-61. It was kept in 1860 by R. Porter Putnam, who in 1864 founded Porterville, named for him.


  • Dedicated October 11, 1953

Base furnished by Tulare County Historical Society and Grand Parlor, Native Daughters of the Golden West. Park established by City of Porterville.