Lower (Dillingham) Bridge
The bridge at this location was deliberately burned by Confederates during the last battle of the Civil War on April 26, 1866. It was initially designed to be a booby trap for Union Soldiers invading Columbus. But the Confederates got too eager and the bridge burned without injury to any Union soldiers. The bridge was a covered wooden bridge. It was built by Horace King.