Sidewalk Stone #12: Peter Leonhardt - Home
222 S. Fourth Avenue According to old maps, this building first appeared at this location between 1919 and 1928. It was likely the large bungalow with a full basement built by John Gabert for Peter Leonhardt in 1924 (Door County Advocate 22 August 1924). Mr. Leonhardt was a representative for the International Harvester Co.
Backstory and Context
This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1
1. Door County Historical Museum. . . http://map.co.door.wi.us/museum/.