Clio Logo
This is a contributing entry for Sturgeon Bay Sidewalk Stones Tour and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.
Corner Pennsylvania and S. 5th No building seems to have been on the corner lot until 1919 when a small building is shown, possibly a garage (auto), though the two adjacent houses where the parking lot is now were there by 1891, as was the house across Pennsylvania (Portage) that appears to be nearly the same now. Sanborn Fire Insurance maps are a good locator of old buildings as they cover many early years and have details the insurance companies needed to estimate damages after fires occurred.

This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1
1. Door County Historical Museum. . .