Orchard Park Historical Museum
This beautiful Italianate home was built 1870 by a local businessman named Ambrose Johnson. It is named after him and later owners Dr. Willard and Ida Jolls. The house has remained largely unaltered and as such appears much as it did upon completion. Today, it is the location of the Orchard Park Historical Society. Inside, visitors will find a variety of exhibits featuring Indian artifacts, collections of military uniforms, toys, tools, and other items. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Backstory and Context
Ross, Claire L. "Johnson-Jolls Complex." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. May 06, 1980. https://s3.amazonaws.com/NARAprodstorage/lz/electronic-records/rg-079/NPS_NY/80002611.pdf.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons