Schoolhouse #8 History Center & Museum
Situated on the North Collins Library grounds is the historic Schoolhouse #8 History Center and Museum. Built in 1857, the schoolhouse was one of a number of one-room schools in the town that operated until 1950 when all schools were centralized into one location. It did not have electricity, running water or bathroom facilities (there was an outhouse nearby). Inside, Schoolhouse #8 features period-appropriate furnishings, teaching aids, and memorabilia on display. It was moved to this location in 2004 and restored to its 1900 appearance.
Photo: Schoolhouse #8 History Center & Museum