Granger Stage Station
Granger Stage Station is located on 110 Spruce Street, Granger Wyoming. In 1970, Granger Station was added to the National Register of Historical Places. Clarence E. and Eva Adams donated one acre of land to the state of Wyoming in the 1930s to honor this historical site. Granger Station is of historical significance due to its use as a station for stage coach travelers passing through on the Oregan trail. Granger Station also functioned as a mail station and contributed to the Pony Express. Currently this site is open to the public.
Backstory and Context
Accommodating the needs of the Pacific Union Railroad, a small rail camp was built nearby along with additional station buildings and a water tank for locomotives passing through. Granger Station had become a vital necessity for the Union Pacific Railroad and the workers of the Railroad who utilized its services and accommodations.
Included are various images and sketches of Granger Station as well as a PDF file containing the "Written Historical and Descriptive Data" report on Granger Station (Date compiled after 1930).
Granger Station. WYOHistory.org. November 08, 2014. Accessed February 24, 0219. https://www.wyohistory.org/encyclopedia/granger-stage-station.