Central Inn showing the metal balcony. Photo courtesy of Greenbrier Historical Society.
East part of the Bell Tavern that was razed in 1959 for a Western Auto store. Photo courtesy of Greenbrier History Society.
Backstory and Context
This building once had a second floor balcony with a wrought iron railing that was described by local historian Ruth Wood Dayton as "delicate in design." When it was removed it was one of the last attractive balconies along Washington Street.
The building is now occupied by Greenbrier Real Estate.
Woods, Dayton Ruth. Lewisburg Landmarks. Charleston, WV: Education Foundation, Inc., 1957.
Woods, Dayton Ruth. Greenbrier Pioneers And Their Homes. Charleston, WV: West Virginia Publishing Company, 1942.