Old U.S. Post Office (Paradise Creek Brewery)
Built in 1930, the Pullman branch of the United States Post Office was designed to be a grand structure. The finest materials, including marble and polished wood, were used in its construction. When a new post office was built in 1975, the old post office converted to other uses. Today it houses Paradise Creek Brewery and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Backstory and Context
At the time of this building’s official opening in 1931, Ira G. Allen was the postmaster, and managed 16 other employees.2 The post office operated until 1975, when a new building was constructed. Since that time, the old post office building has been home to a number of businesses, including a movie theater and a gun store. Currently, the building houses Paradise Creek Brewery, a microbrewery which opened in 2010. The Old Post Office is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
https://fortress.wa.gov/dahp/wisaardp3/api/api/resultgroup/186597/doc/1519928132319 (accessed March 1, 2018).
2. Robert Luedeking and the Whitman County Historical Society, Images of America: Pullman (Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2010), 33.