This little former depot was built in 1875 and was on the first railroad line that connected the Twin Cities to Chicago. It replaced an even smaller station. It was given the nickname "Princes" for its gingerbread canopy covering the area in front of the entrance. Tracks can still be seen embedded in the ground next to the depot. The Minnesota Transportation Museum owns and operates the depot, offering historical exhibits there periodically.
The Minnehaha Depot is operated by the Minnesota Transportation Museum.
"Minnehaha Depot." Minnesota Historical Society. Accessed April 19, 2014, http://sites.mnhs.org/historic-sites/minnehaha-depot.