The Whiteinch Homes (now a category B listed building) were built around 1890 by the James Allan Trust in the style of English 17th century almshouses. They were intended originally for elderly employees of the Allan Shipping Line. In the 1980s the building was acquired by the Thomas Chalmers Housing Association, and reopened after refurbishment in 1989 as a care home for the elderly. The buildings now form Westland Drive sheltered housing complex and are managed by Bield
Backstory and Context
Accessed February 23rd 2021. https://www.theglasgowstory.com/image/?inum=TGSA00624.
Accessed February 23rd 2021. https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/200374164-whiteinch-homes-19-westland-drive-glasgow-glasgow#.YDTXy-j7SM9.