Clio Logo
Scotstoun Heritage Trail - western loop
Item 22 of 24
A temporary iron building was erected on this site and opened for worship in 1901. Work began on a permanent stone church in May 1905 and the first service was held in October 1906. The church's bell was donated by Miss Louisa Gibb and when this tolled on a Sunday latecomers were known to comment that they'd better hurry up as Louisa as calling them! The congregation joined with Scotstoun East Parish Church (originally Scotstoun United Free Church) in the late 1980s and the old church fell into disrepair. It was destroyed by fire on bonfire night in 1997 and subsequently demolished. Flats now stand on its site The original posts and fencing are all that remain of this category B listed building

Scotstoun West Church

Bus, Building, Window, Vehicle

Plant, Infrastructure, Fence, Road surface

Malcolm, Sandra. Old SCOTSTOUN & WHITEINCH, Accessed February 23rd 2021.

Accessed February 23rd 2021.

Image Sources(Click to expand)

Facebook - Scotstoun Memories group