Clio Logo
Sturgeon Bay Sidewalk Stones Tour
Item 4 of 20
This is a contributing entry for Sturgeon Bay Sidewalk Stones Tour and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.
23 N. 5th Avenue The former home and office of Dr. J. H. Soper at the corner of 5th and Louisiana (formerly Church and Cottage) was built in 1881. Dr. Soper practiced medicine in Sturgeon Bay from 1879-1905. The home was made of “Artificial Stone” or the earliest concrete. Now the office of the Door County Land Trust, former owner Dennis Statz remounted the corner block just inside the present corner stone when it was scheduled to be replaced.

This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1

1. Door County Historical Museum. . .