Clio Logo
Sturgeon Bay Sidewalk Stones Tour
Item 6 of 20
This is a contributing entry for Sturgeon Bay Sidewalk Stones Tour and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.
607 Louisiana Street This home on the corner of Louisiana and N. 6th (formerly Cottage and Sherman) was built in 1890 and was the early home of the Matthias Cochems family. By 1913, their daughter Lillian Cochems and her husband, Clark Bassett resided there. Matthias was the owner of Farmers’ Cheap Cash Store, which opened in 1879. Clark Bassett was the owner of Bassett’s Drugstore from about 1904 to 1950.

This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1
1. Door County Historical Museum. . .