Kansas City Museum
Kansas City Museum at Corinthian Hall is Kansas City's oldest and largest museum of local and regional history. The museum is located in one of Kansas City’s first grand residences, Corinthian Hall, which was completed in 1910 as the home of Kansas City lumber baron and philanthropist Robert A. Long. Long's children gave the home to the Kansas City Museum Association in 1939 and the museum opened in May 1940 with exhibits that share the early development and growth of Kansas City and the region. The museum has more than 100,000 items in its collection, which includes a wide sampling of local history from some of Corinthian Hall’s original furnishings to the Dyer Native American Indian collection. In 1980, Corinthian Hall (the R.A. Long House) was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.